Education articles from the past month that caught my eye.
One of my favorite articles was by a parent of a student with an IEP who wanted her son to be challenged, all our students deserve to be given the opportunity to learn at the highest levels. I also enjoyed reading about how good teaching can be messy; a teacher reflects on a classroom observation after the observer remarked being surprised the teacher let her see that class.
- The debate about school vouchers is complicated.
- Strong math skills give people an advantage in life.
- The struggle of teachers with student loans is growing.
- Special Education students should be challenged too.
- All preschoolers should learn math.
- Good teaching can be messy.
- New Hampshire is exploring performance-based assessments.
- Virginia is considering changing graduation requirements.